Fresh produce is not only a palate pleaser, but is also a great source of vitamins, minerals and dietary fiber. Adding fruits and vegetables into your diet is a great way to help fill you up with less calor
ies. So make the most of summer’s bountiful supply of fresh fruits and vegetables by using the following tips:
• Add crisp, fresh, green, red or orange peppers into your morning egg or egg white omelet.
• Nosh on a cup of sweet berries for a morning snack.
• Throw in some crunchy zucchini sticks with your carrots at lunch.
• Saute fresh spinach in 1–2 tsp. of olive oil and toss it in to your pasta dish or meatloaf at dinner time.
• Chop a juicy peach and add it into a cup of non-fat yogurt for an interesting evening snack.