Do You Have A Sleep Disorder?
- Do you snore loudly?
- Have you or others observed that you stop breathing or gasp for breath during sleep?
- Do you feel sleepy or doze off while watching television, reading, driving or while engaged in daily activities?
- Do you have difficulty sleeping 3 nights per week or more (e.g., trouble falling asleep, wake frequently during the night, wake too early, or cannot get back to sleep or wake still feeling tired)?
- Do you feel unpleasant, tingling, creeping feelings or nervousness in your legs when trying to sleep?
Do you have interruptions to your sleep (e.g., nighttime heartburn, bad dreams, pain, discomfort, noise, sleep difficulties of family members, light or temperature)?
If you answered “YES” to any of these questions you should schedule an appointment for the Sleep Disorders Clinic at 410-871-7170. We will help you determine the appropriate testing and treatment options. Or, if your insurance requires a referral, visit your primary care physician first.
What To Bring With You To Your Appointment
1. Patient History Form - click here to download - or you can obtain the form when you arrive for your appointment.
2. A list of current medications.
What We Do At The Sleep Disorders Clinic
Our Sleep Disorders Clinic offers support in the diagnosis and treatment of sleep issues among patients. At the Sleep Disorders Clinic you will meet with Dr. Natvarlal Rajpara, our sleep specialist and medical director, who has more than 25 years experience and is board certified in Sleep Medicine, Internal Medicine, Pulmonary Medicine, and Critical Care Medicine. Dr. Rajpara will review your medical history, discuss your sleep issues and explain your testing and treatment options.
At the Sleep Disorders Clinic you will also meet with a Registered Polysomnographic Technologist who will explain what to expect during your sleep study and answer any questions or concerns you may have.
You will also have the opportunity to learn about CPAP with a Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT). The therapist will educate you on the CPAP interfaces available and discuss which may work best for you and ease any concerns you may have regarding CPAP.