Whether you simply want to look better or need surgery to reconstruct, restore or correct the shape or appearance of a part of your body that has been damaged by injury or disease, the plastic and cosmetic surgeons at Carroll Hospital Center can help you achieve your goals. For more information or a physician referral, call 410-871-7000 or search for a plastic surgeon on our online physician directory
A partial listing of the surgical procedures our board-certified plastic surgeons can perform follows.
Abdominal reconstruction (tummy tuck) –
a very effective procedure to tighten overly stretched abdominal skin and muscles that don’t respond to diet or exercise, and to remove fat from this area, for a flatter, smoother stomach.
removes the loose skin, fat deposits, and/or drooping from heredity, age, and sun damage around the eyes. An upper blepharoplasty improves the appearance of the upper eyelids; a lower blepharoplasty is performed on the lower lids.
Breast augmentation –
inserting a silicone gel or saline breast implant into the breasts to enhance their size and shape.
– typically used after a mastectomy to recreate the appearance of the breast that was removed. It can also be used to correct a breast deformity. A variety of techniques are available.
Breast reduction (reduction mammoplasty)
– for women who desire smaller breasts for comfort and appearance, the removal of fat, skin and glandular tissue to create breasts that are the right size and shape for your body.
Cosmetic surgery to repair congenital defects
– surgery can correct many congenital defects, including birthmarks, cleft palates, ptosis (drooping eyelid), and more.
– facelifts are among the most common cosmetic surgeries. They make you look years younger by tightening sagging skin around the chin and neck that result from aging, sun exposure, and/or fluctuating weight.
removal of fat from the thighs, stomach, buttocks, hips, arms and/or neck, using a tiny stainless steel tube (cannula) and a powerful suctioning device. The surgeon makes small incisions in the skin and creates small tunnels in the layer of fat between the skin and the underlying muscle.
- in their offices, some cosmetic surgeons also use the latest non-surgical techniques, including BOTOX®, injectable fillers and LATISSE® for longer lashes.
Nose surgery (rhinoplasty)
– a surgical procedure to improve the appearance or function of the nose, including an asymmetrical, large or bumpy nose.
Otoplasty (ear surgery)
– modifying the shape of the ears for a more pleasing appearance by reshaping the cartilage and removing any excess skin. This procedure is often performed on children but is also appropriate for adults who wish to correct overly large ears or ones that protrude excessively.
Removal of skin cancers
– when cancer is on the face or an area where reconstruction is needed, our plastic surgeons can remove the cancer while minimizing scarring and preserving appearance.