The health care providers at Carroll Hospital Center understand that men have special health care needs, just as women do. Yet men are more reluctant than women to seek preventive medical care and they are more likely to put off taking care of health problems. All too often, men ignore even potentially serious problems such as chest pain. That makes it all the more important for men — and the women who love them — to seek routine health care and get appropriate screenings.
Make sure you get yearly medical check-ups that include medical tests appropriate for your age and promptly report any medical problems to your doctor. Prevention and early intervention can make a tremendous difference in your long term health and quality of life. Call us today at 410-871-7000 for a referral to a physician you can trust or to learn more about our programs and services for men.
Carroll Hospital Center helps you stay healthy by:
Our experienced medical staff and other health and wellness experts can diagnose and treat a wide array of health concerns for men. We can even help those who suffer from addictions and/or behavioral health problems.
A partial listing of our services for men includes:
Behavioral Health and Addictions Services
– including brachytherapy, radiation therapy, chemotherapy and the latest minimally invasive procedures.
– find out if you are at risk for heart attack or stroke.
and Wound Care
Educational Programs and Health Screenings
– tobacco cessation, cardiovascular screenings, diabetes education, knee and hip screenings and more.
– Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) and other gastrointestinal disorders.
– including the latest techniques for hernia repair.
– back pain, joint replacement, sports medicine and more.
– for asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), bronchitis, lung cancer and more.
– improving the quality of both your sleeping and waking hours.
• Prostate disorders, including Benign Prostate Hyperplasia (PBH), prostate cancer and prostatitis
• Testes disorders
• Vasectomies, infertility and erectile dysfunction (ED)
• Incontinence assessment and treatment
• Treatment for kidney or gallstones and other disorders of the urinary tract