Carroll Hospital Center offers a great opportunity for students, 14 – 18 years old, to volunteer for a community organization, while earning service hours that may be applied to their required 75 hours of community service for the Carroll County school system. All applicants must be 14 years of age AND have completed 9th grade.
The Junior Volunteer program will begin to accept applications for summer 2014 in January 2014.
How to Apply for the Junior Volunteer Program at Carroll Hospital Center:
Once you become a Junior Volunteer, you will have a diverse selection of volunteer opportunities to choose from, including:
- Complete the Online Junior Volunteer Application, which includes a 300-word essay.
- Download the School Counselor and Parent Permission forms. After the forms are signed, mail them to Carroll Hospital Center Attn: Volunteer Services, 200 Memorial Avenue Westminster, MD 21157.
- Submit the required physician documentation (see application for requirements) to Volunteer Services.
- Selected applicants will be contacted by the Director of Volunteer Services for an interview.
- Agree to serve a minimum of 40 hours of volunteer service over a 3-month period.
- Attend all required training.
Timeline for the Junior Volunteer Program:
- General clerical and administrative duties
- Assisting the nursing staff with a variety of duties such as:
• discharging patients via wheelchair
• assisting with patient transfers
• acting as a liaison between nursing stations and the lab
• delivering flowers
• assisting at nursing station
• and so much more!
- January 2014 - Applications are available online.
- March 31, 2014 - Application (which includes a 300-word essay), school counselor and parent permission forms and physician documentation are due.
- April/May 2014 - Interviews and training are conducted.
- June 2014 - Program begins.
- August 2014 - Program concludes.
For more information about the Junior Volunteer Program at Carroll Hospital Center, please call Volunteer Services at