At Carroll Hospital Center, more than 400 community members are part of the hospital Auxiliary, of which approximately 200 are active volunteers. These volunteers dedicate their time, talents and resources to help Carroll Hospital Center offer the highest quality health care to the community.
This spirit of giving is nothing new. In fact, it started in 1958, when the original Auxiliary founders set out to raise funds to build a hospital close to home. In October 1961, their dream came true: Carroll Hospital Center opened its doors as a 62-bed, acute care facility.
The Auxiliary was the motivating force behind the original funding for hospital, and has been a key contributing organization for monies to create new services — The Family Birthplace
— and improve upon existing ones — the Pediatric Unit
Several annual fundraisers are important to the Auxiliary’s success, including the Spring Fashion Show
, the Annual Gala (Silvery Moon Ball)
and The Tree of Lights
. Additionally, revenue from the operation of The Candy Striper Gift Shop
and the White Rabbit Thrift Shop
contribute significantly to the Auxiliary’s pledged donation goal each year.
Annual Membership Drive ~ Join Today!
Benefits for all current Auxiliary members include:
- Invitation to the three Auxiliary General Membership meetings covering hospital information and updates (third Tuesday in January, May and September);
- Receive Auxiliary news via Auxiliary Happenings newsletter;
- Receive greeting cards for special occasions;
- Inclusion in the Auxiliary Membership Directory;
- A 10 percent discount at The Candy Striper Gift Shop or The Candy Striper Junior on giftware, clothing, baby, plush, jewelry and accessories – all year long; and
- A flu shot is available in the hospital's Associate Health office, while supplies last, each fall (by appointment).
An annual membership is $5, a Lifetime Membership is $50 or a Lifetime Membership for those age 75 or older is $25.
If you are interested in becoming a member of the Carroll Hospital Center Auxiliary, please call Volunteer Services at